Do you need to replace your Spanish Driving Licence? Has it been lost or stolen?
If you need a duplicate of your Spanish driving licence and want a quick option then just contact your local “gestor de automovil” and they will do everything for you .
If you are happy to sort it out yourselves, follow these simple instructions to obtain a duplicate of your Spanish licence.
- Print off and complete the required form HERE . Submit this at your nearest Jefatura de Tráfico office. Read the instructions given HERE (in English).
- Pay the corresponding tax at your local Jefatura de Tráfico office (approx 20€)
- Identity documents: Valid passport and residency document.
- 2 passport style photographs
The personal details required as per other Spanish paperwork ie. Name, address, sex, NIE.
In the “Motivo de la Solicitud” section, indicate the reason for requesting a duplicate:
- Extravío = Loss,
- Deterioro = Damaged,
- Sustracción = Theft,
- Cambio de Domicilio = Change of address,
- Variación en nombre/apellidos = Name change,
- Otros = others.
The document must be signed and dated on the dotted line at the bottom.
Do not hesitate to Contact Us if you require any further assistance.