Documents Required for A Successful NIE Application
Following the Brexit result, and the United Kingdom’s shock decision to leave the European Union, we are expecting there to be a change in NIE and residency requirements for UK passport holders.
However, until these changes are published and come into force, nothing has changed. we’d like to share with you the latest requirements for NIE Application we have been informed of by local authorities in the Malaga region.
We’d like to share with you the latest requirements for NIE Application we have been informed of by local authorities in the Malaga region. Please remember that this is not post-Brexit information. These are current requirements.
IMPORTANT: Please read this article if you are unsure whether to apply for NIE or residency.
The following information was shown to us in July 2016. Remember, all areas have their own specific requirements. Some areas are less demanding than others. Having the documents listed below should lead to a successful NIE application in any area of Spain.
If property purchase is the reason for your NIE application, ensure you can supply the following:
- Full address of the property
- Vendor’s name and ID details (DNI / NIE )
- Name, date and time of notary appointment to sign the deeds of sale
If business set up is the reason for your NIE application, ensure you can supply the following:
- Company details: Company Name, address, capital, names of partners/administrators, business activity
- Name, date and time of notary appointment to constitute the company.
If vehicle purchase is the reason for your NIE application, ensure you can supply the following:
- Make, model and registration number of the vehicle
- In the case of a private sale/purchase: vendor’s name and ID details (DNI / NIE )
- In the case of a purchase from a dealer: commercial details of the company selling the vehicle
Temporary* Work Contract
If being offered a temporary* work contract (*less than3-monthh duration) is the reason for your NIE application, ensure you can supply the following:
- Copy of work contract that includes the following details of the employer: Name, CIF (ID number) and the bank details from which the social security is paid.
- An NIE is not required to set up a non-resident bank account. This cannot be used as a reason for making an NIE application.
- AN NIE can only be applied for, for a temporary work contract. ie. less than 3-month duration. A work contract of longer than 3 months requires a residency application.
REMEMBER, the goal posts are often moving and it is easy to get frustrated. The more preparation you do, the more likely you are to be successful, with any aspect of Spanish paperwork.
If you are in the Malaga area and require assistance, we have people who can help you.
Latest posts by Lisa Sadleir (see all)
- How To Save Time and Money Buying Property in Spain - October 11, 2017
- Calculating The Cost of living in Alicante and the Costa Blanca - July 17, 2017
- Private and International Schools in Alicante & the Costa Blanca - March 27, 2017