There is a lot of excitement about the opening of the new Pompidou Centre Malaga this week. Businesses have snapped up all the premises around the area in anticipation of the visitors who will be flocking to visit Malaga’s latest arrival.
The Málaga City Hall has provided an iconic building known as “El Cubo” (“the Cube”), located on the harbour (Quay no. 1), as the home for the Centre Pompidou in Malaga Capital.
The new museum will open its doors on Saturday 28th March 2015. The start of the Semana Santa holiday week.
Here are a few useful facts:
What does the Pompidou Centre Malaga offer?
The Centre Pompidou Malaga has on show a collection of more than 80 works by artists such as Pablo Ruiz Picasso, Frida Kahlo, René Magritte and Alberto Guiacometti. Temporary exhibitions will start from May 2015. The first will be on Joan Miró and dance.
Where is the Pompidou Centre Malaga located?
Centre Pompidou Málaga, Muelle Uno, Muelle, 1. 29001 Málaga. España.
How long will the Pompidou Centre be in Malaga?
The Pompidou currently is contracted for five years, after which there is an option to renew for a further five years.
How much will the Pompidou Centre Malaga project cost?
The Mayor or Malaga says that “the selection of a permanent collection for the Pompidou Malaga from the 76,000 artworks housed in Paris remains in keeping with and complements the modern art collections already in existence in the city. The mayor asserts that the initiative elevates Malaga to a “leading position in Spain and Europe in terms of the artworks it has on display”. The works required to get the cube ready for the ‘Centro Pompidou de Málaga’ are estimated to have a cost of five million euros. Half of that sum has been factored into the city hall’s budget for 2014.”*
How much will entrance tickets cost?
- Combined ticket: 9 euros and 5.5 euros overall reduced. ( including entry to both permanent and temporary exhibitions)
- Permanent exhibition: 7 euros overall and 4 euros reduced.
- Temporary exhibition: 4 euros to 2.50 euros overall reduced.
- Free admission: unemployed, under 18, card holders euro young university teachers and students of Fine Arts and Art History, museum employees and members of ICOM, and to the public on Sundays from 16:00 pm until closing time.
- Concessions: for over 65 years, students up to 26 years, participants in the congress activities of the University and large families.
What are the opening hours of the Pompidou Centre Malaga?
- From 9:30 to 20:00 hours, including holidays.
- Closed on Monday, January 1st and December 25th.
- Special times between June 15 and September 15: 11:00 to 22:00.
- Admission to the public will end 15 minutes before closing.
*Reference and further details: http://www.centrepompidou.es/
Malaga is a wonderful place to live and a great place to invest in property. For more details, contact me.
Latest posts by Lisa Sadleir (see all)
- To Rent or Buy Property In Malaga: My Advice To You - March 28, 2019
- Where’s the best place to buy a holiday home in Spain? - February 11, 2019
- How to Apply for Your NIE in Alicante - February 7, 2019