If you plan to live in Mijas and need to apply for your NIE in Mijas, as an EU citizen, you submit your application at the Fuengirola National Police Station (see map below).
It is advisable to pre-book an appointment at the Fuengirola National Police Station either by phone, 952 197 114 (be patient as the line is often busy) or by going there in person.
To Apply for you NIE in Mijas you will need:
- A Completed EX15 Application Form—(see link below for a downloadable form). Copies are also available at the National Police Station and at the Mijas Foreigners Department.
- Your Original Passport (ensure it has not expired) and photocopy.
- Modelo 790 as proof of payment of the Taxes of 9,36€. (The Modelo 790 that can be obtained at the National Police or at the Mijas Foreigners Department and paid at any bank)
Comisaría de Policía de Fuengirola
Av de los Condes de San Isidro, 98,
+34 952 19 83 69
Your white NIE Number certificate can be collected approximately three to four days after application.
*Remember, if you are purchasing a property in Mijas, your contracted lawyer will complete this procedure for you.
IMPORTANT: If you are staying in Malaga for more than 90 days, you should apply for a residency certificate, not NIE. Click the link below to read more …
Latest posts by Lisa Sadleir (see all)
- To Rent or Buy Property In Malaga: My Advice To You - March 28, 2019
- How to Apply for Your NIE in Alicante - February 7, 2019
- Buying Real Estate In Spain: Buyer’s Agent Spain & Buy To Let in Spain - January 31, 2019