What was maybe once frowned upon, and considered the dream of digital nomads is now more of a day to day reality for you and for me. In fact, it can be a reality for whoever wants it to be!
I am quite confident that this way of working will continue to grow in popularity and will allow many people to move abroad whilst continuing their regular work, albeit in different circumstances and undoubtedly enhancing their standard of living.
Southern Spain truly is an ideal location to live if you plan to work remotely or work from home. I have been working from home in Spain since 2012 and I could not have imagined the wonderful impact it would have on our family lifestyle.
If you have your own successful and reputable business, you have the freedom to decide where you prefer to work from when you move to Spain. With modern technology, we have freedom. If you are moving to Spain and planning to run your own business here, make sure you keep this at the front of your mind when looking for a place to live.
So, what advantages do I enjoy by working from home in Spain?
- I can stay in my PJ’s or swimwear as many hours as I choose.
- I can work my hours around our children and our family life.
- I can walk the dog anytime I just need to get out and clear my head.
- If I get hot and need a break, I can jump in the pool.
- We enjoy sit down family meals almost every day of the week.
- The fact the children finish school at 2pm is not an issue.
- I can schedule my meetings and Skype calls to fit around day trips and pool visits.
- I now only pay one phone and internet bill (actually the SL Company does).
- Our SL Company pays a monthly rent for using space in our house (rather than me paying somebody else to rent an office).
- I enjoy client meetings in cafes that serve excellent coffee and places with stunning views.
- I feel free.
- I feel creative.
- I look forward to “going to work”.
Which option is best for you? Carry out your research and make an educated decision. I cannot stress enough, the importance of a good gestor and accountant. The future lies ahead … Enjoy!
Fast forward to today, six years later, many of my quoted advantages continue to exist and some have altered slightly, due to the fact our children are older and school routines have changed. But I have never looked back! One of our best decisions was the property we purchased. That has been fundamental to our successfully working from home. And that is what I want to share with you in this mini-series.
In our mini-series of remote working and working from home in Spain articles we will look at:
- Why southern Spain is the Ideal Location for Working From Home or Remote Working.
- 5 Factors to Consider When Choosing A Property and Thinking of Working From Home In Spain