Do you need to replace your Spanish Driving Licence? Has it been lost or stolen?
If you need a duplicate of your Spanish driving licence and want a quick option then just contact your local “gestor de automovil” and they will do everything for you .
If you are happy to sort it out yourselves, follow these simple instructions to obtain a duplicate of your Spanish licence.
- Print off and complete the required form HERE . Submit this at your nearest Jefatura de Tráfico office. Read the instructions given HERE (in English).
- Pay the corresponding tax at your local Jefatura de Tráfico office (approx 20€)
- Identity documents: Valid passport and residency document.
- 2 passport style photographs
The personal details required as per other Spanish paperwork ie. Name, address, sex, NIE.
In the “Motivo de la Solicitud” section, indicate the reason for requesting a duplicate:
- Extravío = Loss,
- Deterioro = Damaged,
- Sustracción = Theft,
- Cambio de Domicilio = Change of address,
- Variación en nombre/apellidos = Name change,
- Otros = others.
The document must be signed and dated on the dotted line at the bottom.
Do not hesitate to Contact Us if you require any further assistance.
Latest posts by Lisa Sadleir (see all)
- Precautions to take when searching the internet for houses for sale in Malaga - August 18, 2019
- Mortgage in Spain 2019 regulations: What do they mean for you? - August 14, 2019
- Should You Apply for NIE Before Moving to Spain? - June 15, 2019