Purchasing property in Spain, whether a small holiday apartment or a luxury villa, is an investment. All property investments should ideally be safe and free from risk.
Using carefully selected Spanish Property Lawyers can reduce any risk involved to an absolute minimum and even eliminate risk completely.
So, why would you want to cut costs by not employing the services of trusted Spanish Property Lawyers?
In the Malaga, Costa del Sol region, the cost of such services is usually 1% plus VAT on the purchase price of the property. It is not uncommon for some law firms to fight for business by offering 0.9% or less, but be careful. Seek recommendations and advice before entrusting them with your property.
We have spoken to many agents and lawyers and have been, shall we say “surprised” at comments about legal practices. These are the stories that the tabloids like to expose to deter people from buying property in Spain. Sadly, it is not unheard of for discrepancies to be overlooked to hurry along a close of sale. These kinds of incidents can be very costly for the purchaser, in the long run.
So, how can our entrusted Spanish Property Lawyers help you?
Our entrusted Spanish Property Lawyers will focus on several fundamental issues:
1.Obtaining all the necessary information in order to check:
- Who is the owner of the property you intend to buy;
- That the property is legally registered in the corresponding Property Registry;
- The property is free from charges (mortgages, seizures, etc.)
- That the property has been granted by the Town Hall the corresponding municipal building permit;
- The legal prescriptions of the planning and building law are complied with.
2. The study, preparation, and signing of whatever private contracts (reservation agreement, option contract, sale contract) or public ones (purchase/sale deed) which are deemed necessary to execute the purchase operation. The normal procedure is to sign first a private contract, and after a reasonable lapse of time, to sign the sale/purchase deed.
3. Proceed to pay all the expenses and taxes arising out of the above-mentioned sale/purchase public deed and to obtain the registration thereof in the corresponding Land Registry.
Simultaneously, they will action, when applicable, the change in ownership of all the bills, supplies and taxes concerning this property, and if you wish, they will also arrange the direct debiting of those bills (direct payment made by your own bank in Spain).
For those of you who have a limited amount of time available to complete all the necessary paperwork, our entrusted Spanish Property Lawyers will prepare a Power of Attorney which will allow them to act on your behalf on all matters related to your Spanish property purchase.
If you prefer, you can simply turn up when it is all completed, collect your keys and enjoy your new home.
Yes, we can make it a simple and carefree as that, whilst at the same time, being extremely safe. To know more about how we can help you find your ideal property in Spain, simply Contact Us
Latest posts by Lisa Sadleir (see all)
- Making an Offer on Property in Spain: How Low Can You Go? - October 19, 2018
- Help in Spain: Save Time and Money with our Spain Survival Pack and Spain Solutions. - October 11, 2018
- Moving From China to Spain: About Our Relocation from China to Spain! - October 4, 2018