Which Spain Visa?

If you are a citizen of a non-European country and are planning to travel to Spain and remain here for longer than 90 days (three months) in every 180 days (half a year), you will need a long-stay visa.

Before you file your application for your Spanish Visa, make sure you research the following

The type of visa you need to apply for:

We cannot stress enough how important it is to apply for the right visa type. Your successful relocation to Spain depends on it.

Pre-requirements you need to meet:

Every visa type has some pre-requirements you must meet in order to apply. If you do not meet these pre-requirements and you still apply, your application will be rejected. e.g. those applying for a highly skilled visa must have an employment offer/agreement with an employer in Spain, nonlucrative visa applicants must be able to prove sufficient passive income etc.

Where do you submit your application?:

Depending on your country of residence you may have to submit your application either at the Spanish Consulate or a visa application center to which Spain has outsourced visa submission.

When you should apply?:

Timing is essential. It can be anything from three weeks to three months before the date that you plan to travel to Spain.

How much does the Spanish visa application cost?

When calculating costs, it is important to include not only Consulate fees and taxes but also fees for document translations, apostilles etc.

Which Long Stay Visa for Spain is for you?

a day at the pool

Non-Lucrative Visa

Are you retired or close to retirement? Do you have no intention of working, and have sufficient funds to support yourself? This visa is for you!

The Non-Lucrative Visa is an excellent option for individuals who wish to stay in Spain for an extended period without engaging in any work. This visa is ideal for retirees or individuals who have sufficient income or savings to support themselves financially during their stay. To qualify for the Non-Lucrative Visa, you must meet certain requirements such as having a clean criminal record, valid health insurance, and proof of sufficient financial means. The visa allows you to reside in Spain for up to one year and can be renewed for up to five years. You are not permitted to work while on this visa.

Golden Visa

If you have 500,000€ to invest, you prefer to choose where you pay your taxes and have the freedom to work if you want to, this visa is for you!

The Golden Visa is an investment-based visa that offers the opportunity to reside in Spain for an extended period by making a significant investment in the country. To qualify for the Golden Visa, you must invest in Spanish real estate, stocks, or business ventures, among other eligible options. The minimum investment threshold varies depending on the type of investment, but it starts at €500,000. The Golden Visa grants you and your family members the right to live and work in Spain and to decide where you prefer to be a tax resident* (*subject to conditions).

a day on the beach

Digital Nomad Visa

If you can prove your work can be carried out remotely, and you generate the required income, this visa may be for you!

The Digital Nomad Visa is a new initiative introduced by the Spanish government to attract remote workers and freelancers from around the world. It enables individuals to live and work in Spain while conducting their remote jobs or business activities. To qualify for the Digital Nomad Visa, you must have a stable source of income, typically from remote work or freelance projects, and valid health insurance coverage, amongst other requirements.